Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Myoclonic jerking

turbo313tturbo313 Posts: 122
Does anyone else experience these? Mine seem to come and go and when I get really stressed, I have a bad flair up. Lyrica did not work really and my neuro wants to put me on a new medication that has the same dreadful side effecs as lyrica.

just wandering if anyoen else suffers from these as well.

• only freak in the bunch :)
  • I do have them too. I read this online and know it is not all relevant but;

One needs to figure out if these are just sleep related events or other types of events. The length of time that you could have this would depend on the etiology, as would how to manage it. So, I can't tell you much without knowing the etiology.
    CCF Neuro MD

Edit for additional information;

You may benefit from an overnight sleep study with EEGEegrecording to accurately define your problem. Your neurologist should be able to direct you properly after a careful history and neuro exam.

For more information, you can go to the American Academy of Sleep Medicine or call (507)287-6006. Best of luck to you.
  • I have had very light experiences with it prior to starting gabapentin. I attributed it to sertraline initially, but it may actually be nerve issues in my neck.

The symptoms are far more exacerbated with the re-introduction of gabapentin.