Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

It literally hurts when I cough???

edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
This is a bit long if you wanna get to the subject of the title just skip down :)

It has been ages since I posted on here, mostly because I forgot that I had signed up on this website. I only just found the email I had saved that had all my log in details in it.
So with that said I figured it would be good to come here and perhaps get some thoughts from others on here.

A little over a year ago... I had an accident and I herniated my c5 disk. Long story short, I never finished PT because it made me more sick than what it actually helped, and the doctor wasn't exactly the best ( horrible bedside manner )
Well, I thought perhaps it healed or healed to the point where I could function.
To add to that, I am not positive but I am almost certain that I herniated some disks in my upper back. But those were never verified as being herniated or anything. This next bit explains why I feel this way:

**When I cough,and I mean really cough (and sometimes sneeze) I will fill what seems like the affected disk in my neck pop followed with 3 pops in my upper back. It HURTS! and I always always get a headache afterwards, or my arms will get that numbness feeling. Or I'll get a headache and backache.**

I really don't want to go back to the doctor I have enough health problems that I'm trying to manage right now as it is, and I can't think about surgery as we may be moving soon and I'm going to be needed to help. That sounds silly, I know. But who else is going to help box and pack my stuff when I have a family full of busted up people haha. Seriously though, I'm about the healthiest and I won't ask them for help even though they'd happily help out.

But any how does anyone/has anyone experienced the popping with coughing/sneezing?