Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

very bad pain

treettree Posts: 5
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Spinal Stenosis
Hi everybody my name is Bob been diagnosed with spinal stenosis. I have been suffering With terrible back pain for 3 yrs before going to doctor.was sent for MRI last mounth the orthopedic surgeon read mri and sent me to pain management I made ist visit and was told that they would do an epidural on Feb 22. my problem is neither will tell me what they read on MRI I would like to know hat was read on MRIhoe serious is stenous and is surgery required.Ive been reading the horror stories about failed surgery and it has me worried sick.Iread that pain managnent epidurals are not always sucessful.

• MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,368
    HIPAA (law) allows you to receive a copy of your chart at a minimal cost on an annual basis. I would simply ask them for a copy of the MRI report - you can also ask for the images via a CD rom disk.

Its LAW that you are provided this information.

Best results and welcome,

Spine-Health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!  (Click on Welcome to Spine-Health)

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. check the top of this page under "Treatments" and then "injections" for a read on epidurals... this will give you a good idea as to what to expect on the 22.. i wish you the best of luck and hope it works for you! have a good look around the different forums and make yourself at home.. all the best! Jenny :)