Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

facet joint injections

backpainishellbbackpainishell Posts: 969
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Spinal Injections
Hiya all, I am having facet joint injections on saturday, i totally trust my pain management doctor , could not wish for a nicer doctor. This time i am very nervous about having these, as the hospital where i am having them done has the norovirus there, i have been assured that i will not catch this as the ward i am on is just a theatre day cases, and is only used for such things, and patients from the wards do not go on day case wards, Anyway fingers crossed ah!!!

Angie xx

P.S this post was just to vent! thankyou for reading!

• Good Luck! I hope you get some relief
  • I hope the facet joint injections will help and use the hand sanitizer as you're leaving the hospital. I used to have patients I looked after with norovirus and never caught it myself as I wore a mask so I wouldn't touch my face and washed my hands frequently. Best wishes for Saturday and ice your back often after the injections. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • How did it go Angie? Did you get any relief?
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • After your procedure?? I truly hope you get some relief after this.
    Take care.x
  • hi all, Well at the moment i dont feel so good, both sides feels like ive been kicked by a horse. The doctor said the scar tissue from my operation is quite thick inside, i have been told scar tissue continues to grow. So when he gave the injections one of the places he needed to get too, was where the scar tissue is, he had to keep pulling out the injection and putting it back in he tried about 6 times, so i have had quite a few , not sure if this is why i am hurting so much. speak soon

Angie....P.S...why does scar tissue continue to grow , if its dead and theres no oxygen getting through???

• Angie I hope you get the relief you are hoping for very soon.
  • OMG , its 7 days after injections, still bruising there. Started to feel better, but then i slipped in the bath, and now the pain is as bad as ever!

Angie xx
  • I'm sorry to hear you slipped and having the pain again. Do you have a grab bar for the tub?

Also what I found helpful is put a dry towel or washcloth on the edge of the tub where you put your hand to get out and stay low to the ground and crouch low as you're getting out of the tub. For me it's safer as the washcloth provides a stable hold but of course my other hand is on the grab bar until I straddle the tub almost and get out. Keep icing and hope you feel better. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Hiya Charry , yes i do have a grab rail! My daughter said there is bruising on my back where i had the injections, shes had a look today and theres more bruising, i have to see the doctor on tuesday morning for a check-up, its just tender and sore! Does anyone know why scar tissue continues to grow????

Thanyou to everyone who messaged me xx

Angie xx
  • Hiya all, just an update! Seen doctor this morning, and she said there is still bruising and swelling and the pains i am getting can happen, she said its because my back is in a bad way to begin with, she gave me a good examination and if this pain worsens and the loss of feeling in my legs continue i need to go straight to hospital! She ruled out infection, she said when i had the injections my back was already inflamed to begin with, and the nerves have been caught or scratched, im on bed rest until swelling goes down and pain eases off! I have had these injections twice before and do not remember being in this much pain. Has anyone else had this same experience ?

Speak soon

Angie xx