Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

what impairment rating did you have to recieve SSDI

svtrichssvtrich Posts: 19
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Health Insurance Issues
I just recieved my report and the doctor gave me a 40% impairment rating.I was told that it was a good rating.is good enough for SSDI?

• With SSDI there are only two possibilities, disabled or not. Not like VA where there are percentages in between. If they find you can't work in your field then it may be good enough.

Good Luck
    AL S
  • Hi, there are too many invariables for anyone to give you a accurate %% rating.
    The SSD people look at your age, education, work history for past 15 years, and your injury /condition.
    If you posted a brief description of yourself and your job, someone here will probably be able to help you better.

I got approved the 1st time, in 3 months, and i'm 55 y/o, with a high school education, a veteran, and 28 years driving a semi-truck locally. A very physical job.
    I had a 2 level lumbar fusion with 2 rods and 6 screws. With a boatload of restrictions. And my NS found me 100% unemployable.

Hope this helps ya and good luck.
  • well Im 47yo,I worker as a heavy duty diesel truck mechanic since 1988.education is high school diploma and some vocational schooling.
    I suffer from degenative arthritis in both knees,arthritis in my left sholder.and some lower disc problems in my lower back.I can no longer stand or walk for much more than 5-10 minutes.and I cant for very long without laying down

hopefully this will help
  • SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    Age plays a large part in SSDI approval. Once over 50 there is much greater chance of approval as it's "advanced vocational age" under SSDI.

However, as we move toward later dates for full SS retirement I can see where 55 may end up being the age where approvals are more likely. SS Retirement age has changed over time. Anyone born 1937 or earlier SS full retirement age is 65. Born 1960 or later it's age 67. For those born between 1938 and 1959 it varies

2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 

Standards agreement and posting rules
    Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

Post Edited by Moderator haglandc
  • MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
    This link has some good information as to how SSD determines your status

I hope you find it helpfull,

Spine-health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!

• edited by Tam for solicitation.