Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

anyone have suggestions?

just_mejjust_me Posts: 7
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Chronic Pain
I have suffered severe pain for 3 years, and recently was diagnosed with ddd and spinal stenosis. After dissection and fusion of c5/c6 (3 months ago) I have had no relief. Had another x-ray which states mild upper thoracic levoscoliosis. I have constant shooting pains down my arms, back, and legs. I'm not sure if these are part of the ddd or if there is more going on. Numerous doctors and such. Pt not relieving symptoms. I've always been an active person and have applied for disability under the suggestion of doctors. Trying to stay positive and looking for a support system.Thanks for reading.

• Wow, sorry to hear this. While my issues are lower than yours, I have had to file for medical retirement with my employer/state of NC and waiting on them. Social Security? They have my paperwork and just received a letter in the mail from them the other day where they want me to go to a Chiropractor for a "Physical Evaluation". I've had a lot of positive feed back and suggestions on here but as you well know, everyones situation is different than the others. Hang in there. PT was a no for me. What kind of meds are you on? I'm on Nucynta- 100/mg and 300 mg of Lyrica a day. Please tell us that you have a doctor and are working with them on this. Keep us posted.

• I do have a dr. Did a leg measure and left leg is an inch longer than right. My meds are methocarbomol 750 every 6 hrs as needed and hydrocodone 7.5/325 every 4 hrs as needed. Neither one seems to make much difference though
  • 2 yrs after c5/c6, still have pain and increased numbness. moved and found new neurologist and neurosurgeon. Had updated mri's and new dx. cervical stenosis with myopathy.Increased numbness and foot drop, also more loss of balance and fine motor skill functions. Scheduled for another neck surgery and this time bi-level. I am hoping this time will bring me relief and I can start being a little more productive if not able to go back to work. was approved for social security disability. Everyday is a challenge in different ways. Positivity is running low, but will not go away. I wish you all good vibes and hope things are alright as they can be under circumstances faced.