Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

3 weeks post 360 L5-S1

tracibennttracibenn Posts: 95
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Its been 3 weeks since I had my 360 fusion at L5-S1. I woke up today just amazed at how much better I feel. The steriods helped my leg pain that showed up after surgery, surgical pain has almost vanished...wow! My only real issue that I have now is stiffness in my back, which I know will go away eventually. I can almost walk normally (I had that post surgery akward wobble). Sleeping is great....I can sleep in any position and roll over without surgical pain now. Now that I am feeling better, I have to keep telling myself to take it easy. The brace I wear will remind me hopefully! After spending much time reading all the posts on this site, I never would have guessed I'd feel so good at 3 weeks. Maybe its becuase I only had 1 level done. Who knows, but I was scared that I"d be down and out for many weeks, or even months!

Now that I've bragged on my success, I'll probably have some horrid setback. That sort of stuff always happens to me : )

• It sounds like you are doing extremely well after your 360 lumbar fusion. Although you may well have some setbacks along the way, such a good early start is a very good sign for a successful outcome by the end of your recovery.

Keep up the good healing, and take good care of yourself. :-)
  • i too need a ALIF {360} fusion but it wont be for a long time yet ..it gives me hope when i read posts like yours .do your self a favour and look after your new back
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • Wow, that's fantastic news. But do be prepared for a few setbacks along the recovery road. I'm envious because at 3 weeks post-op after my TLIF 1-lvl, I was in horrible pain and was walking, just barely, with a walker because the nerve pain was so bad.

I'm wishing you continued positive healing and make sure not to do too much to cause flareups. When you feel better is the critical time to remember that you've had major surgery and you're not yet ready to get back to a normal life. So continue to take it easy, but it's good that you can get yourself up and walking to speed up recovery.

Take care and thanks for sharing.
  • Thank you all. I have to keep telling myself to take it easy. Hopefully things will stay positive!!
  • You are doing well, keep it up. That also means resting also. You are still early, and dont want to mess anything up. It is great you are feeling good! Congrats and remember to do everything the Dr says ;) Hugs, Robin
  • That's terrific news, but I'll reiterate what others have said and keep taking it easy because there's such a lot of healing still to take place. I only had a one level done too but at 3 weeks, I still had heaps of pain in my back, but most of the leg pain was gone.

I hope you keep on healing as well as you have so far and get to really enjoy life again.

Take care

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008