Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

360 lumbar fusion with bilateral decompression ..

circle98ccircle98 Posts: 7
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hello Everybody.. I'm going on 6 weeks post op from my 360 l4/l5 lumbar fusion and bilateral decompression. am still on my usual vicodin 10/325 and valium mg. am able to walk around with my brace on, but my problem at the moment is the stiffness and spasms in my back that started 2 weeks ago whenever I get up in the morning. before I just stand up walk a little bit and take my vicodin and it's pretty much gone. now it's getting a little bit worst, I have 2 screws on my l4/l5 (back) to support the fused area and the 2 titanium pedicle screws were placed on the left side (what concerns me is the morning stifness and spasm on my right side).. did you of you have this kind of experience? am heading off today for an xray to see how the hardware on the my l4/l5 area.

• hello again. just got my xray films yesterday, still need to touch base with my NS about it. still having back pain and spasm that constantly wake me up at night, which is like a timer for me to take some norco (10/325). anyone having the same issue? am going on 6 weeks post op from single level fusion l4/l5 and bilateral decompression.

any advice or thoughts will really be appreciated.

• I had a 360 fusion at L5-S1 on Feb 1. My back is incredibly stiff in the morning. If I start moving it gets a little better, but if I stay still for a while it gets stiff again.
  • Hi Traci. seems like our post op is 2 weeks apart. are you having problems sleeping at night (spasms or back ache)?