Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

new mri no sign of tear now, just re-herniated

john 40jjohn 40 Posts: 190
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
surgeon say maybe can do micro-d over now or fusion what a choice.
he say i need to figure if my leg or back is more painful.
do micro-d if leg, do fusion if back.or try micro-d and see what comes out, may help with the back and can do fusion if it don't work.
and there is quite a bit of scar tissue from first serg(oops)
but the granulation tissue in spinal canal may be from first surgery or from being irritated for so long, need to keep eye on it to see if it gets bigger(what!)not there on last mri
I think my back and hip are the worse ,he say i should get at least 50% pain decrease in back with fusion and cant tell with micro-d some times it works and some times not. micro would help the leg and foot. with the pain may not with the numbness since the numbness has been there from day one(i figured long ago numb better than pain)just hard to walk.
he say disc is squished out a little more than the last time he showed me on the mri's its way out over the nerve roots this time to me looks worse than the first, i guess the EMG quack doc was full of cr## like i taught(no nerve compression?) bull if i can see it he needs to go back to school