Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

2nd SCS Permanent Implant Tomorow

DegenerativeShellyDDegenerativeShelly Posts: 279
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
Well the day is nearly (Wednesday Morning 7.30 am) here and Im nervous beyond words..Not so much the surgery part, the 5 hours under anestetic is my worry.

I know Im in the best of hands and everything will be ok but you cant help but be nervous.

I know all my "Spiney Mates" will be thinking of me and for that I thank you from the bottom of my heart.x

• in your other thread shelly , then saw this

understand you being nervous

thinking of you and really hope stage 2 gives you much needed relief
  • Will be thinking of you in the morning and the folowing days.
    Report back when you can.

Patsy W
  • You have my prayers heading your way

• I have been following your progress in the SCS forum, but wanted to wish you the best of luck with tomorrow's surgery right here. You will be in my prayers as will your surgeons. I hope everything will go great and in a few weeks you will be reporting how much relief you are getting!! Good luck!

• Hope that all goes well and that this will give you great relief from the pain.

I really hope that this will be the last surgery for a while. You have been through so much, and should be able to have a break now.

Sleep soundly!!

Will be here waiting to hear how things go. >:D<
  • God be with you, Shelly! Talk to you after you get home!

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • For all your lovely messages..You have brought tears to my eyes..
    Well its only 1 hour and 45 minutes till surgery time and Im so so nervous.

I will update you when I can.

Thank you all so very much one again for always being here for me.xx
  • You have made ME nervous Shelly. LOL

All our prayers are headed your way and hopes for less painful days.

Sending lots of hugs your way mate.

All will be well
    Patsy W :)

• Not sure of the time difference or time of your surgery, but am praying that all will go well and you will wake up with excellent pain control and that you will heal quickly and things will be in just the right place for maximum pain control.

>:D< >:D< >:D<

ok, so now I see that you are in surgery right now!
    God bless you and your surgeon and their team.
  • Im home today and ok..Have to organise the programming for next week. Am in pain where teh battery wnet into my ambdomen.

Cant thank you all enough for your beautiful words of comfort.

Will post more later.
  • So happy to hear you are back home! We have all been waiting to hear from you.

So this battery is in your tummy? I thought you might have one in each hip pocket.

Are you buzzing yet from this one? Do you have the other one on now? So many questions.

Rest now and ice yourself.

Great big hug... >:D<
    Patsy W

• Welcome home again Shelly. So good to hear from you. Now give yourself time to heal and rest that body ready for the 'turning on' ceremony.

Hope the abdomen around the battery will soon feel much more comfortable.

You are a step closer to feeling more comfortable and being able to get back to your life. That is good news. >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • Shelley
    Glad u are safe...we were very freaked out over here!

Hope you recover quickly

• glad thats over with, i so hope when its programmed you get really good relief shelly

hang in there
    take care
  • Have been thinking of you! How are you doing today? Tummy feeling any better?
    Wishing you all the best. I hope that this brings you some much needed relief
    gentle >:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012