Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

L5 s1 fusion l4 l5 buldging disc

Tony7225TTony7225 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
New here was wondering if its "normal" for l4 l5 disc to buldge after a l5 s1 fusion.
Had fusion in aug. 2010 after finding fracture in vertebra buldging disc ddd an spondylothesis. Im in more pain now then before the surgery! Did 5 an a half hours of work conditioning for 3 months had another mri done an found buldging disc at l4 l5. Epidural injection worked great l4 l5 for a couple days an I'm wondering if I should have a discectomy. Scheduled for another epidural injection around the scar tissue to see if the pain is from that. Had one in the hardware with little relief. Just curious if anyone had disc buldge above level after fusion an what worked for them to alleviate the pain. Was on oxycontin then morphine now oxymorphone an tired of drugs to put a band-aid on the problem. So tied of being in pain. Will never return to construction an would love to have atleast 50 percent of my life back.