Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

23 Days Post Op

jay birdjjay bird Posts: 3
Hello,Just wanting to tell my story,this website has helped me a ton,Especially at night when I could'nt sleep.Two months ago I hurt my lower back which I have done many times. I thought over time it would get better then the pain went down my right leg, worst pain ever,long story short L4-L5 disc ruptured, week later had my surgery I could not even walk. Surgery went well and the first 4 days were great then started having nerve pain in my right leg again and my left toes went numb I had never had any problems with the left leg.8th day leg felt much better then 2weeks out I walked for a couple of hours that was a mistake for me, the nerve pain came back in my right leg and my hips were killing me, so back on my ice pack. it took me 3 days to get over it but know I'm 3 weeks out and feeling really good.I see my doc next week for my second follow up.I'm ready for some PT.So even if you feel pains after surgery most of the time that is normal hang in their and take it easy It will get beter!!!!

• Just a word of warning ~ you're not going to be the same. It IS possible to re-herniate your disc as they didn't take it all out. Your back is going to be weaker than it was and it will be easy to reherniate.

Just be careful what you do. I'd hate to hear that you needed more surgery. Many times after surgery, the levels above/below will fail - it's called the 'domino' effect. that's cause those levels have to take more of the load. It happened to me - I had the same surgery as you did, only twice. Now I'm herniated up and down, but can't have more surgery. So be careful. Hugs, Lee