Over the years, so many of us have come in contact with folks from various walk of life. Some become solid acquaintances and others become friends.
But who really is a friend?
(Stealing some phases from Wikipedia)
- The tendency to desire what is best for the other
- Offer Sympathy and empathy
- Honesty, perhaps in situations where it may be difficult for others to speak the truth, especially in terms of pointing out the perceived faults of one's counterpart
- Mutual understanding and compassion
- Trust in one another (able to express feelings - including in relation to the other's actions - without the fear of being judged); able to go to each other for emotional support
- Positive reciprocity - a relationship is based on equal give and take between the two parties.
These are traits that mark a good friendship. It doesnt always happened and it can be difficult to achieve.
Being a dog lover, its easy to understand why they are called Man's best friend
- They are loyal
- They give unconditional love
- They always cant wait to see you.
- They want to please you
Having a friend is a true gift. Always cherish it.
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences