Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi all. Newbie just checking in to say hi.

alkazaraalkazar Posts: 5
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in New Member Introductions
Heloooo all you fellow painees.

Been in pain for around 6-7 years now but didn't go to the doc until I had been in moderate/severe almost constant pain. Big mistake.

For anyone else who feels the need to try and fix it yourself first because you are a big, hairy, superfit macho type of person, don't. Get a medical opinion as soon as possible and take it from there.

I ended up having a L4/L5 right side discectomy and as the surgeon said "the risk is roughly one in twenty that it won't help and can actually make it worse". Guess who the one was? Yup, me.

I have a gamut of pains ranging from infrequent tingling that feels as if the skin is being peeled off my ankle to shock type pain across the top of my pelvis at the back, into my groin and hip which generates so much pain that it simply takes the legs from me and I end up on the floor.

Ah the joys of that happening when out shopping. Not embarrasing at all eh?

Well I am not going to bore you any more, I might do that as time goes on but not just now. So, if you want the full story on just how badly I felt, as in feeling sorry for myself, you can take a look at my blog which I infrequently kept up before my tiny little brain was able to remember that I could actually do a search and find others in the same boat as myself. Still, it was and still is a good excersize in venting pain, depression, memory loss and anything else inbetween and beyond.

OK blog is at http://www.sickfedup.com/

See you all around soon. Maybe not though as you all seem to be in the States and I am in the UK. Still, someone has to live here right?

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i have several spiney friends in the uk. one in northern ireland and another in wales.. so glad you droppped in to visit!! you are so right about getting care for your back as soon as possible..i am sorry you have been through so much! be sure and check out the different forums and make yourself at home.stop by anytime! good luck to you with your pain issues! Jenny :)