Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anti-inflamatory diet

f4tune81ff4tune81 Posts: 54
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
I have resumed a good antiinflammatory diet, in my opinion. So I've given up tomatoes (used to eat one a day!) which is not probably necessary in all cases but I may be sensitive to it. I'll try to avoid combinations that can trigger inflammation in my particular case. This is hard to establish, as all of you know since the spine problems often seem to crop up from nowhere, and they last as long as they are going to which is usually a minimum of several weeks.

My low inflammation diet is to strive to keep sugar and simple carbs to a minimum, eat more good fats (omega 3's including fish oil supplements, wild salmon where possible), less bad fats (usually beef and fried foods and corn oil (sorry Iowa!). I've become anti-corn, and try to avoid it in snack foods and corn-fed animal products due to the possibility of higher content of omega 6 fatty acids. I have found frozen berries at Sams in a bulk package which I add to a daily smoothie, along with an orange, small amount of orange peel or raw cranberries (for tartness), a banana, milk or water, and scant pouring of olive oil.

Please feel free to add your favorite low inflam foods as I probably need a little more variety in the diet. Hope all are doing well and I'm happy to say I have made 2 weeks of recovery (following the 12 week sciatic journey). I really think some dietary intervention will pay off for me.

This discussion has been closed.