Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

atonalaatonal Posts: 4
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello everyone :h my name is Brian. I am 53yo and have numerous problems in both my lumbar and cervical spine as well as degenerative bone disease in my ankle and to top it all off possibly Fybromyalgia to boot....

I have had lower back pain since 2004 and the ankle started in 2007 which I have had one surgery on and will be getting it fused within the next few months. The Fybromyalgia started in 2008 as did the cervical spine problems.

I have had MRI's on both the lumbar and cervical regions. The lumbar region they found to have Parr's and several other disks with damage. The L5 has gone forward and they said I had DDD in 3 of the vertebrae. My cervical region I have stenosis in 3 vertebrae as well as 2 herniated disks.

I am currently taking Cymbalta for the Fybromyalgia and I am seeing a pain management doctor for the spine. He has tried Hydrocodone in various strengths, MS ER 15mg along with MS IR but it appears that I am allergic to morphine. He has also prescribed Methocarbamol 750mg - 2 at bedtime because I just never sleep more than a couple of hours without waking up anymore, but even taking the Methocarbamol I still don't sleep well at all. ( I looked up the drug on drugs.com and it said they use Methocarbamol on dogs) -- he he I always knew I was an ol hound. ;)

Well on and on about constant pain but I do hope to feel better someday and I hope to learn, share and enjoy from this forum.

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. we are the same age Brian so i understand some of the problems that come with aging and with pain! so glad you stopped by! i am sorry you are suffering from chronic pain. your pain management doctor sounds like he is working with you on your pain control. you are fortunate to have a good doctor... please have a look around the different forums and make yourself at home. good luck to you! Woof!! Jenny :)
  • Glad to forum meet you ;) and thx for the encouragement -- that always goes a long way!

It has been an unusual week but got through it so I hope to read through some of the different forums.