Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

360 lumbar fusion with bilateral decompression ..

circle98ccircle98 Posts: 7
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery

before my surgery, am having lower back problems on my left side and radiating pain on my right buttocks down to my leg (extreme leg pain). After my l4/l5 lumbar fusion and bilateral decompression, the pain completely went away after the surgery. So far I just complete my 6 week post op, been trying to walk everyday(just like what my NS doctors ordered). The 1st 4 weeks after my surgery, i had back pain and spasms due to the back incision. They went less and less as weeks goes by, the only thing that I start noticing now (started 5 weeks post op), I started to have lower back pain on my right side and radiating to my right thigh and sometime when I walk I felt some tingling sensation on my feet.

I'm not sure what's going on and I would like to check if someone who also had fusion surgery had this type of complication. I still have not discussed this with my NS, if someone out there have experienced this same type of condition, I will really appreciate your comments on this.

btw, due to the lower back pain on my right, am having sleep problems again, I hate to go back and use ambien CR, but looks like that's where am going if these lower back pain continues.

• just a correction - before my surgery am having lower back problems on my left side and radiating pain on my left buttocks down to my left leg (extreme leg pain).
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    Welcome to S.H. forums. This could be some temporary nerve damage. I would want to discuss this with my surgeon.
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!