Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi I'm new and looking for young parents who can relate to me.

mrs.coopmmrs.coop Posts: 7
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in New Member Introductions
Is there already a place for young parents with back issues to communicate on here? I would be willing to create a group if necessary. I'm about to turn 25. I became a parent in 2009. A few months later I randomly developed 3 bulged disks which caused spinal stenosis and extreme pain (as I'm sure you all know). I am a borderline candidate for surgery. The doctors have advised me to wait as long as possible for new developments to be made in the field before going into surgery. I went through the steroid injections and a 2 month period of not being allowed to lift my newborn and of course rehabilitation. I have been doing fine, even was able to stop using any pain medications. Then I got sick, have been coughing and it's all rushing back to me. I am considering getting pregnant again but I do not know if that will be able to go smoothly. I had pre-eclampsia with my son and the possibility of having that combined with the back issues scares the crap out of me. I want to be healthy enough to be a good mother. Please introduce yourself if you can relate. I live far from any family and need to create a support system for myself. My home life with my husband and son is wonderful but I live in a new city and being a stay at home mom has not been great on my social life lol. Thank you for reading my story and I am excited to get to know all of you.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,859
    Welcome to Spine-Health.

I am not a young parent, but when I had the first of multiple spinal surgeries my wife and I were raising two young children

Raising children itself is a full time job, but having to do this with spinal issues make it harder.

There are a number of young parents out here that are in similar situations like yourself.

I would suggest start looking at Matters Of The Heart

There you will find others that have to deal with some of these issues
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Hi Mrs C :)

I'm not a young parent either, but I AM a new person here with spine problems. And I recently had pneumonia (in ICU/hospital for 13 days), and the illness and coughing sure can set the back on fire!

I applaud you for trying to build a support system, it's rough being far from family and friends. Anyhoo, just thought I'd introduce myself.

Wishing you a feel good day,

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can.i have no children so i cannot support you in that way but we do share pain issues, in that we can share.. i also am a woman and because of pain live a rather isolated life as well. i do hope you get your needs met here on SH.. we are all here to help you. good luck! Jenny :)
  • I'm Kendra and at 15 was in a car accident, your doctors are smart because the US is behind the times. I wouldn't do a 3 level fusion it's so much bone they are trying to immobilize in such a young active person. . BTW if you private message me I'll give you my cell. My e-mail is kendrakennedy2@aol.com
    My back got beyond repair after the birth of my son. I did physical therapy starting at 5 months pregnant to strength my core. So I did end up going to Germany on the advice of the best Neutosurgeon I could find here in the stares. Europe has been doing multiple level artificial disc replacement for 20 yrs. The FDA here just wants more long term research with American Dr.s and American patients, why we are all human. So anyways I could talk to you fir days. I am 100% cured of back pain, I couldn't even lift my own son to breast feed him 1.5 yrs ago and now I lift weights at the gym and look like everyone else, thank God. I did have to pay $40,000. Approximately for my surgery but would sell everything I own again. We are now trying for baby number 2. Would live to be here for you. I've been doing this back thing for 20 yrs and just wanted to come back to visit this site b/c I remember not having much successful support stories or help.