Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

How we adapt

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,048
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:51 AM in Matters of the Heart
We all pretty much understand that after we have any type of Spinal Surgery we will have some restrictions.

For some people, that becomes a challenge and they realistically put actions into place to do the things they did before.

For many members here, being faced with spinal surgery and what happens later becomes almost to difficult for them to approach.

With all my spinal surgeries and recent complete shoulder replacements, I have found ways to still enjoy much of what I did before without jeopardizing my condition.

For me, one of my biggest joys is gardening. Doing all the work that is necessary to have picture type lawns and shrubs. I realized that I can no longer do those physical things, so, I've adapted.

- Setup up 20+ containers, various sizes, shapes and colors. This allows me to work with them, without having to bend and do a lot of lifting.

That is just one simple solution.

I would be very curious to hear about others and how they have had to adapted to continue a full and meaningful life.
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
advertisement

Comments

• Hi Dilauro, I love to garden also, my husband built me a table where I can set my plants on there to pot them he made another beside it for my soil, its hard to adapt to different things, I dont wear lace up shoes anymore always slip ons, cant ride my horses anymore so he got me a buggy and I still cant enjoy a ride that way . Its hard for folks like us but we adapt or give up..