Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Job interview - update

SueDSSueD Posts: 545
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in Chronic Pain
Hi everyone.

Well, I didn't get the job afterall. All that worrying about whether I should/shouldn't go for it was out of my hands in the end, and to be honest, I'm quite relieved!

The good thing about it was there were 8 candidates. I didn't have to arrive until 12.30, but some had been there since 9 this morning. We all had our 4 tasks to do (and when I'd finished I knew I wasn't progressing further!) and everyone had to wait to be told if they were going to be interviewed or not.

At 2.30pm four of us were called out of the room and thanked for attending etc. etc., but you can go home - that obviously meant the other 4 had to wait for their interviews later today. I felt sorry for them having to wait for so long, but I guess it's best to know the outcome at the end of the day rather than have to go back again.

I'm just so pleased that I went in the end. At least I don't need to be thinking 'what if' any more. Not so pleased that I didn't get an interview obviously, but such is life.

I've been so uncomfortable with my back since I got up this morning that I was really keen to get out quick and come home anyway and have a dose of oramorph liquid (and lay down!!!!). If I was seen first at 9am and had to wait all that time, I don't think I could have gone the distance anyway if I'm being totally honest with myself.

Just thought I'd let you know how it went. Thanks for your comments on my previous posts.

2 x Microdiscectomy 2005 / PLIFusion 2-level 2010 / revision surgery 2011 / NEVRO Senza spinal cord stimulator implanted February 2013. I WILL NOT GIVE IN / UP !!

• Sorry to hear but at least you know now and you went. I hope your back is feeling better soon. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Hi; and sorry it did'nt work out for you.
    But you did make the attempt, so now it wont be in the back of your mind "what if".

Just try to be content where you are at, and continue keeping your options open.
    Good luck on any future job prospects.
  • Sorry that things didn't work out for you at the interview. Good for you for going out there and going for it though.
    All the best to you.
    >:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • Sue,

Having gone and tried for it, you at least won't have the "would-a-could-a" if I.... on your mind in the future. Thanks for the update. You know your present job is there - that is a good thing to know. Take care.

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
This discussion has been closed.