Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Please help..wound draining and sore but swab say no infection???

ScotslassSScotslass Posts: 9
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in Recovering from Surgery
I had a lumbar discectomy/decompression and coflex implant about 5 weeks ago

The bottom of the scar became very imflamed and sore and so i had bloods urine and swabs done and put on strong antibiotics

The redness went away but is still very sore and moist and weeping and very very itchy

all tests came back normal so am at a loss and is in such a place that everything rubs

I put dressing on yesterday to prevent rubbing and has yellow stuff on it so something not right

sorry to be so graphic but has anyone else any ideas/experience of such a thing??

To look at is like a circle with a hole in the middle??

• have the surgeon take another look at it...it may be nothing, but then again, better safe than sorry. I had something simular, and had to be re-opened to clean everythin out, and have new drains placed, and have infectios disease called in to make sure it wasn't a more serious bug.

--yeah, ER was torn as to wether or not it was truelly infected.

---but this was just my expierience...yours may be something else, please get a proper medical diagnosis.---

• I agree, you need to have it looked at. Wound infections can be very serious and need to be treated right away.
  • is a subcutaneous "dissolving" stitch which hasn't dissolved and now have to have it surgically removed which puts my recovery back about a week or so

Consultant did give it a name but can't remember now

Will be done under local and he will remove stitch and re-stitch.....

At least I know now

Thank you for your replies - much appreciated