Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi I'm Dan

tkdanttkdan Posts: 62
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in New Member Introductions
I’m glad I found this site. Ok I’m 47, work full time, 80% at a computer, the other 20% I’m troubleshooting mechanical problems on automated equipment. Not really any heavy lifting. Two evenings a week I teach karate, so I stay fairly active with that. Suffered for years and finally decided to let me Dr recommend me to a PMDr. Two MRIs and several X-Rays later and I have a diagnosis.
DDD - C4-C5, C5-C6, L3-L4, L5-L6 – with arthritis throughout
Spinal Stenosis – left C5-C6 – leading to severe pain at location, with occasional pain down the back of my left arm.
Sciatica – running down the back of my left leg.
The DDD along with the arthritis pretty much hurts constant. The stenosis always hurts at neck and sporadically sends pain down my arm. My sciatica is fairly new only been experiencing it for 6 months, but it is getting to be worse with longer durations. In fact it is progressing much faster than my cervical issues have.
Amitriptyline 10mg – one or two at bedtime
Gabapentin 100mg – 200mg three times a day
Hydrocodone 7.5/325 mg four times a day
Tizanindine 4mg four times a day

The muscle relaxer and the pain med seem to help out a great deal, but one last three to four hours. I take them every six hours.

Have done PT and I did not notice a significant improvement from that. So here I am like many others trying to make it through each day with the least amount of pain as possible.


  • Welcome to the Spine-Health forum - you will find an amazing amount of info and support on this site from others in the same or simialr situations as you. I am sorry you seem to have several spine issues and are/have been dealing with alot of pain. My question would be now that you have a diagnosis did your DR make any next step recommendations- sounds like you are trying to do everything with PM and PT ..
    I have Spinal Stenosis DDD Cervical area but it was an injury that sent my disks into my spinal cord and had to have surgery - no other choices. PM DR would not touch me since my cord was compressed. I am no expert but can offer you any support or share my experiences. Take care and I hope you find pain relief.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. you sound as if you have a good pain regiment going for yourself.. including pt is very important to good pain health... good luck to you.. stop by anytime! Jenny :)
Sign In or Register to comment.