Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

5 Months Post ACDF C5-6

sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Just wanted to update and let everyone know that my neck is doing great! I've been doing a lot of physical work and even painting overhead (which always killed me!) and my neck hasn't gotten sore or stiff. I do still feel like there's a lump in my throat almost every evening but other than that I seldom even think of the surgery.

I just wanted to let others know that it does/can get better. I don't know what the future may bring since I have two other bad levels in my neck but as of now I'm very pleased. If they could help my lower back as much as the surgery has helped my neck/arm/hand I'd gladly go tomorrow...or today for that matter!

• j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    That's so good to hear! Just don't get to cocky and carried away and cause a step backwards.
    Take it slow and easy. Your not that far post surgery! =;
    Good luck, Jim :D
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • I was like that with my C5/6 - actually at times forgot I had surgery! Like Jim said, don't overdue and mess things up. Remember, I only had to yawn a year and a month after that surgery to blow the next level! Careful woman, okay?

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • That's good news, Debbie. I'm glad to hear you're doing so well. But like the others, I have to remind you that you're still not totally back to normal and should continue to take care of yourself.

But, with that said, I'm very happy that you're finally feeling better, no feeling GOOD!

Take care, my friend.
  • Debbie,

That is great news and I am so happy your out living life again. That is the whole idea, to get better and never look back. But you might take a glance now and then so you don't over do it. By the way have you mentioned this to your husband and did "I told you so," sorry just couldn't resist. But maybe you better not just to jinx yourself, but you will always no anyway. Good work and hopefully everyday it gets a little better. I am a firm believer it takes a good year to get better.
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    Jim, Brenda, Cathie, and Tam

Believe me I know that something could go wrong at anytime especially since 4-5 and 6-7 are bad also. I just wanted to give encouragement to others post op or considering surgery that it can be better. There's no guarantees it'll stay that way for sure. I did think when posting this that I hope I don't jinx myself.

As for feeling good, well not really. I'm still having a terrible time with my lower back issues but am pushing myself really hard. I'll be honest with you and tell you I'm exhausted but really have no choice but to keep on going. Please keep me in your thoughts and send me some strength my friends.

Thanks for listening and caring.
  • Debbie,

Did you even have to ask? (G) Here's bunches of positive thoughts and energy heading your way woman!!

With me and my yawn... When my C5/6 was fused, the levels directly above and below looked perfect... Just a thought as you have issues above and below. Please stay positive of course, but with what you describe of those levels, be doubly careful! *HUGZ* Happy for ya!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • your fusion has resolved your probs and your recovering well.
    keep healing debbie

i havnt been able to paint the ceiling for 30 years , too much damage in my cervical, limited ROM.

sending healing energy to you
    take care
  • Great news you are better, especially since you had that horrible strep throat! I am 3 months now post up from my 2 level and have to say of course so much better than before surgery but still issues they think is mainly muscle in my upper trap areas that are hitting nerves so we forge on - right? I agree with everyone else - don't overdue it and end up with more issues but I understand the need to move on and do more things. I watched my hubby pick up one of my twins and give him a big bear hug and then they come over to me and give me a little hug and say - "Don't want to hurt your neck Mommy?" So cute but I want to pick them up and get that big bear hug - someday soon! Hope you continue on feeling GOOD if not GREAT (who would think!) and that we all get there with ya! Take Care!

Standards agreement and posting rules
    Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

Post Edited by Moderator haglandc