Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anyone knows what " dictation ends abruptly " on MRI report

dax0007ddax0007 Posts: 66
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
On my MRI report(which i posted in the forum on stenosis" the last line says in BOLD letters

dictation ends abruptly

Anyknows what this means?

• Sounds like a note from the transcriptionist, meaning they are not sure if the doctor was done recording.
  • Thx for the info.. What happen was i did a mri lumbar 3 weeks ago and got the DVD the same day.. I went home and reviewed the DVD and said to ,myself" the quality of this MRI IS horrible".. So i called the MRI place and they said "no one else has complained and that i am NOT a Doctor"--- I was upset because i know what a decent MRI PICTURE looks like(I have had many mri on my spine prior) and this one was bad.. My neuro would not see me for weeks, so then I had my PRIMARY CARE DOC look at it and she made a call.. The MRI center then ackowledge that their COILS system was bad in the MRI machine... SO I HAD TO RETAKE THE MRI a week later, BUT the MRI PLACE STILL DID THE ORIGINAL REPORT and sent it to my doc.. so i am thinking the RADIOLIGIST put that there to ackownledge there was some type of isssue...

• That would be like "and the L5S1 disc was severely ..."
    Dictation ends abruptly
  • I hate the word "severly":o(.. Yeah Iknow it made no DAM sense why the stupid Radiolgist would have put that... The report i had DID NOT have the last conclusion but it did have the findings so i assume the Mgr of the MRI facility had the RADIOLIGST due a half-as# report because they already gave me the crappy DVD.. Then when I came back to RETAKE the MRI i had to give them the DVD back