Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

PT ??? How in the world??

dax0007ddax0007 Posts: 66
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hello, I hope i am posting this in the right forum.. I have some issues in my LUMBAR and cervial..2 years ago after a car accident i wa diagnoised with 3 herniated disc and stenosis in my neck.. I tried PT and for me if was a JOKE! Massage therpy felt great!! But everything else was a nightmare especially when a chiro tried to crack my neck..

Anyhow I since i am lucky enough to wake up one morning with BACK issues i need to figure out what i am going to do... What my RECENT MRI states is:

L3-L4 and L4-L5 - A broad-based disc herniation is seen. There is also bilateral facet and ligamentous hypertrophy. There is moderate bilateral neuroforaminal narrowing and mild central canal stenosis.

L5-S1 - A central herniation slightly indents the ventral aspect of the thecal sac causing central canal stenosis

What i am trying to ask has anyone used DECOMPARESSING TABLES , strething, & CORE TRAINING TO HELP???? has it WORKED?? I try stretching and it feels worse!!

As of NOW i guess I am super luck-- Lets me say this one more time " I AM VERY LUCKY" the pain is just a anoying type pain in my BUTT and lower back.. THis pain came out of NO WHERE about 2months ago and has stayed the same.. I HAVE THIS BAD FEELING before the year is over i will get a rude awakening...

• I have had some luck with therapy for my lumbar but it took some injections to help. I will say that stretching is a daily event and will be a life long thing. I thought I was doing better and bam right back to where I started from. So now it is a daily thing first thing out of bed in the AM do the stretching. Now I also take meds from my cervical spine surgeries, so what is really under there, I have no idea. Talk to your doctors about using a combination approach. My experience if they don't control the pain in therapy, then you can't get to far with it.