Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Low Pain Issues-1st Post-NEED ADVICE-Great Forum!

triguy075ttriguy075 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi, I am a 48 yo male. I have had neck/back issues since 1985. I had neck surgery in 2007.
My MRI shows "degenerative disc disease at L1-2, L3-4; posterior disc bulge with mild impression on the disc at stenosis at both discs with osteophyte complex and facet osteophytes. L4-5 mild degenerative disc disease with stenosis and left side lateral recess. L5-S1 mod disc disease with loss of disc height and marginal osteophytes. Posterior disc bulge and left facet degenerative hypertrophy with mild stenosis." many times MILD and MINOR are used to describe my problem. In other words, no significant damage or major acute problems.
Why am I writing?? I cannot get my low right back/sacroiliac to feel better. I constantly have a mild 'pressure' sensation that will turn into pain if I do not get it fixed. I have been going go to a Chiropractor for many years and he gets me going....temporarily. I do short triathlons and I am very active. These recurring issues have me very afraid that I will not be able to continue these activities.
Can anyone suggest a treatment or ANY options that might help me? I know my issues are not as severe as many on this forum but I am very frustrated and I am at somewhat of a life 'crossroads'. Thanks in advance. Jeff

• Hi Jeff,

Have you tried physical therapy? There are often other muscle groups involved during flare-ups, so a good PT may be able to calm the low back/SI area down and give you some at home stretches/exercises for when it flares up... you may have already tried this, but if you haven't it's definitely an option!

Also, I dealt with pain for about 13 years before my surgery, and acupuncture was extremely effective for me. I know everyone responds differently, but I would think it's worth a shot!

Good luck...