Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Staying clean during tria

bcslayerbbcslayer Posts: 4
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
I am having my trial next Monday, I am worried about staying clean for 12 days. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I know I can use baby wipes and such. My concern is that even though I am only 40, I am in early menopause from my chemotherapy. I have severe night sweats every night that leave me soaking wet and stinky every morning. Ugg Any advice would be helpful on what got you through your trial without smelling like a monster.
Thank you

• 12 days is a long time! My trial was only 4 days, so I didn't have to go so long, but I became an expert sponge bath girl and actually sat in a couple of inches of water in the tub by day 3 because I felt so dirty! I also have long hair and that was really a problem so I went twice to the SuperCuts and they washed and dried my hair for $5. That was a lifesaver too. I'm sure you're going to think you are stinkier than you really are, but just get a comfortable spot in front of the sink and bathe away and pay the money to have someone wash your hair for you. It is definitely worth it.
    Good luck. Hope you will have a good trial!
  • Hand held shower massager operated only on my front and below the waste. My husband helped me wash my back around the plastic and tape with a washcloth.

As for hair, I am vain and profane of greasy hair. My husband set up our reclining lawn chair on the back patio and I would sit as far back in it as I could. With a towel around my neck to catch water headed for the stim equipment, we did fine.

Good luck to you! My trial was 10 days long and I kept it in long after I knew I wanted the permanent.
  • Thank you so much for the advice. I will keep in mind all these ideas, I agree 12 days is a long time but I am hoping it is worth it.
  • If it is helping, after 12 days, you aren't going to want to let it go!! They did have my trial unit taped down really, really well and I had a velcro belt with the battery in it around my waist. I know my poor husband was called into duty a lot to help wash what I couldn't reach. He was a great sport about it the whole thing.
    Please be sure to let us know how things are going! Good luck to you on Monday. Expect to be sore from the procedure for a couple of days, then you should really be able to tell if it is helping and I didn't hesitate to call my BS rep and have him tweek the programs to make sure I was getting the maximum benefit.
  • My trial was 8 days, I used a standard bathtub and sat with my feet pointing towards the drain. That way I was sitting in only a little bit of water and had about 3 inches of water for my feet. Then I could use a washcloth (with help from my wife) to pretty much clean up nicely. For my hair, that was another story. I checked with some of the chain haircut places and found one that did hair washes for $3. I went there a couple times. I was worried about their chair and the sink and how it would work but it actually worked out very nicely.
    I suppose I should read the other posts! Honeysmom covered it all pretty well. LOL