Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

L5-S1 Sciatica, possible infection?

DC42DC42 Posts: 23
Hello Everybody, I have had a Micro done at L5-S1 almost two years ago. Well a year ago I re-herniated at the same level and have had sciatica and numbness all over my left leg and foot. I have tried all conservative measures that are available to me and still no releif. After meating with 2 more neuro Dr.'s I am going to have another micro on the 21st of this month.
The problem is that while horrible my symptoms have been the same the entire time. Lately I have put on 30lbs and I get these crazy itches in my lower back and sides of stomach when I bend over to pick something up, they are really weird and fel deep under the skin and over my old incision. I haven't changed any detergents or soaps and it only happens when I bend over its' really weird. I also had an abcess tooth around this time that caused my jaw and cheek to swell but I got that fixed and took antibiotics and the dentist said infection wouldn't spread. Lately I have had a slight fever and bad stomach pains also on the left side and low toward my waist line. I have loss of appetite and frequent urination.
I started to get left sided testicle pain so I went to quick care and the Dr. tested me for STD's and they came back negative. Im married and faithfull, and pretty sure my wife is too. He did say he thought I had some sort of infection in the sperm tubes but that it wasn't realted to sexual activity and couldnt be passed on that way. He also said that it wasn't realted to the tooth infection and that it just happens sometimes. The problem is that he said that it wouldn't cause frequent urination but anxiety could and when you have issues down there you usually have pretty bad anxiety. He put me on a new antibiotic that treats std's even though he says I don't have one. I have been taking them for 4 days and still have pain above testicles that radiates into them. The pm dr. said it could be a new symptom of herniated disc but it just feels different.
From what I read I think mabye I have a prostate issue, or mabye a slight hernia because it feels like something is coming out of the hole where your testicles drop from. They called me today and asked if we can move surgery up to the 15th, but not sure if they can when im on the antibiotics. They questioned that all my pre-op tests came back fine and so I couldn't have infection. So I guess does anybody with back problems have similar issues, or have the same issues that I have and know whats possibly wrong. I would hate to have another back surgery and for me to have a swollen prostate or cancer or some thing else thats causing my nerve problems in my leg. What do you think?