Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New symptom, DDD?

DC42DC42 Posts: 21
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:51 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read this. I herinated a disk almost two years ago,(L5-S1), and my leg pains went away after a sucessfull microdiscetomy. A year later the pain came back and I was told it was do to epidural fibrosis,(scar tissue), but the symptoms should have appeared sooner, I was told. After 2 more neurosurgians I am right back where I started with a herniation at the same level facing another microdiscetomy. Not sure why I'm told this now because all the dr's have looked at the same MRI, NCS, and EMG, but what ever it is what it is I guess.
Recently I have had bad stomach pain that radiates into my left testicle. I have seen my own Dr. and was tested for infection/ STD's, both came back negative. My personal Dr. feels the herniation might be worse and causing this in some way, but it just feels different and has never been a symptom in the past. I also have frequent urination and tenderness from where I think your testicles drop from and towards my anus. Also when I bend forward I get these crazy itchey tingley things in my lower back and sides of stomach, im not crazy it only happens when I bend over.
My neurosurgian says that its not related but something has to be wrong, it hurts all the time. My own Dr. put me on a antibiotic to kill infection but my lab results from preop say im fine, at least infection wise. So I guess is this a symptom of anybody's back problems, or do you feel it's something totally different? Any ideas to what it could be. Im a 28 year old male who was fit before this injury but now probally about 30 lbs over weight. Im also married and faithfull on my part, and pretty sure my wife is too. I also have severe DDD on my lower three levels. Thanks for any info, Dane
advertisement

Comments

• Hello, I left a long reply but its not here?? Oh well.. I wish i could be help to you.. My brother has had the same issue with the weird feelings of urination, tingley side of stomach, testicles.. He has had a bunch of test done(prostate , liver, kidneys, CT scan-- everything comes back NEG!! He has had this stuff for 2 years.. So you are not alone..

As for me I am a mess. 2 years ago I was diagnoised with cervical heriated disc with moderate to severe DDD diease.. Well i did not do surgery and after 6 months of misery "somehow" my body adjusted and have been in a liveable state for a year... Then out of knowwhere I had mild lumbar back discomfort.. I waited a month for it to clear up figure maybe a pulled muscle, well nothing cleared.. I had a MRI and WOW..what amess

I got 2 herniated disc(L3-S1) and 2 buldging with moderte DDD and canal stensosis.

Thanks for sharing ur story because i have thought about microdiscetomy and was wondering howit will effect my ALREADY DDD diease body.. I know a few poeple who have had MICROdiscetomy and are HAPPY but hey did not have DDD.. So would u have done the surgery over again or just live with this pain?

One last work. My uncle and grandfather both have FUSED NECK and LUMBAR and are much better! they had the surgeries done years ago(10-20).. So i guess there is hope though its not always good for everyone..

Take care