Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain Med

jewelspetjjewelspet Posts: 51
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
What do you take for that butcher knife pain in our thoracic ??

What if some lower your heart rate & BP ??

What is best to take??

Do you also take inflammatory drugs?

IN constant pain--- especially sitting

Getting new MRI 15th..... Afraid more wrong... Profile shows previous...

Many thanks for any help..please!!!

Also --- which helps you best heat or ice or. Both at times??

• If you find something that works for you please let me know. I hope you find something and hope for the best with your upcoming MRI.
  • knife in thoracic?. none medicine touch it. at all.
    i think that i take morphine, it would still be there.
    i like ice or heat,but this is not for long term. only temporarily.
    sitting is for me also the worst...i realy want put everything with my arm out...arggg it goes on my nerves so muchhhhh....
  • So what do you do or how do you sit or do you just lay?

I can't lay on R. Cause of rotator pain! Just the pits..
  • i sit very uncomfortable.
    so i lay mostly(esspecialy on side)
    i dont have energy anymore at my 25 age to fight with this *hit....
  • I take slow release narcotics. First I started with MS Contin then after two years went to Oxycontin and B/P and heart rate are good because the meds are released slowly. I also take Naproxen and anti-inflammatory and Cymbalta for the sharp knife pains I get in my back and neck. If I go for a walk and sore afterwards I put ice on but I usually have my infrared heating pad on while sitting down or I can't sit too long. I hope you get your results back soon after you have your MRI back so you're Dr. can review it and help you. I hope you can get something for your pain. Best wishes. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Everything seems to keep me awake too ---

Today my rotator cuff is hurting as bad as thoracic...... I can not have surgery again on it because I can't handle the therapy for the rotator because of the therapy hurting my thoracic..... I don't know what in the world I'm going to do....

Prayers excepted...

Standards agreement and posting rules
    Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

Post Edited by Moderator haglandc