Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi everyone

LoulouLLoulou Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in New Member Introductions
Came across this forum by mistake, but glad i did, I suffer with degenerative disc disease and have had microdiscectomy for prolapsed disc. When i had sciatica it was worse pain that childbirth for me, and i couldnt even go upstairs to bed. I have now been diagnosed with arthritis in my neck and suffer with pretty constant back pain. I also have pains in my arm too - does anyone else have this? Hope to get to know you all better. best wishes

• Welcome to the forum.

There are lots of nice folks here and more information than you could ever hope to find in one place.

Hope you are doing ok. Let us know a little more about you.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i have severe sciatica as well and use a nerve pain medication which works really well for me.. talk to your doctor about them.. i use Lyrica and it has really helped with the pain!! i am sure you must have trouble sleeping as well. you will find yourself in good company as far as that goes! good luck to you! stop by anytime! Jenny :)
  • thank you both! I take Lyrica and morphine but it does not really help me to be honest, Lyrica does more for my anxiety disorder than my pain and its not even licensed for GAD in UK :) at least it helps with one ailment.

Nice to know others know how i feel for a change - even though i wouldnt wish it on anyone!
  • Hi Loulou,

Welcome you here.

Sure you will have great time with all of us.
  • Hi Loulou,

Welcome you here.

Sure you will have great time with all of us.