Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Excruciating Intermittent Back Pain... Input Please!!

AnnShhAAnnShh Posts: 7
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in Lower Back Pain
I'll try to keep this as short as possible.

-19 y/o female in decent shape, in ROTC.
-No trauma to my back unless you count several horse falls over the past 6 years.

-Fine one minute and in excruciating pain the next. Comes on if I twist or bend in some way but doesn't happen consistantly.
-Pain so bad that I can't sit or stand up, but over the past year it would usually go away with resting for a little while (<30 mins). Did not occur frequently enough for me to be concerned.

-In the past 1.5 weeks, this has happened several times. Most of them it has been so bad that I can't sit or stand up and after lying down for over an hour it doesn't go away. Those resulted in urgent care visits where the Dr put me on a heavy treatment plan of pain meds (Hydrocodone 10/500, Prednisone, and Cyclobenzaprine) and then took me off of them and put me on Naproxen as needed.

-Inbetween these "episodes" I am left with a dull pain. Occasionally my back feels bruised, but there is no visible bruising. Some days there is no pain at all and I feel fine.

-I have had no numbness, tingling, etc.
-X-rays have been clear, urine test to check kidney function was clear. I go for an MRI on Friday morning.

I am desperately trying to figure this out... my DR. doesn't want me to PT (physical training) right now so I am missing quite a bit of that and so far haven't been able to give my ROTC cadre a reason why other than what was explained above.

Any ideas? Please?

This discussion has been closed.