Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain Meds, any new research?

thenadetthenade Posts: 137
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in Pain Medications
People on this forum are so knowlegable and are doing constant research re spine issues. Many of us can't have surgery or surgery was not successful.What is the latest regarding medications for chronic pain? Anything in development? A few years down the road? Many can't take the current prescibed opiates, Nsaids, or "nerve meds". Perhaps they are no longer effective. Please share your knowledge.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,859
    on the market recently. There are still dozens of different types of pain medications to deal with chronic pain.

But always remember, managing chronic pain is not just using pain medications. The really attempt to control chronic pain you need to take a multi-point approach on this.

Please take a look at The Blend

It just describes the various types of disciplines and treatments that go hand and hand when dealing with chronic pain.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • The 7-day buprenorphine patch (similar to the fentanyl patch) has been approved by the FDA and will apparently be available some time this year or next. A once-daily oxycodone tablet (as opposed to OxyContin, which is twice-daily) is in development, according to one of the leading pain management texts. Those are the only ones I aware of, but I know research is going on all the time to develop new pain relievers.