Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I Have to get a Cortisone Shot in My SI Joint

EvilpensEEvilpens Posts: 15
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in Sacroiliac (SI) Joint Problems
Diagnosed by My Physiatrist who said that my Right Leg is Longer than my Left Because my Right Hip has dropped Down

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
    problems (L4/L5 and L5/S1).
    When the hips go out of alignment, one leg will be a bit shorter than the other one.

When the lower lumbar discs are not completely stable, this is something that can occur.

One of the ways my Physical therapist or Physiatrist diagnoses this, is to have me facing away from them.
    Then they put one finger on each part of my hip right around S1 disc. Then I bend forward and from that they can determine the mis-alignment.

This happens to me almost any time I get a lower back flare up. Generally with 2 Physical therapy sessions and a few specific home exercises, things go back to normal.

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Got Moderate Lumbar Spinal Stenosis & a Bulging Disc also, But he thinks the Pain is coming from my Hip, Cortisone Shot & PT
  • I've had these in my hip and lower back each time I go for injections and feel better afterward. I didn't even know I had problems in that area just that it was tight all the time. I hope you get some relief. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I have had cortisone Shot in My SI Joint and it helped alot that was last of Oct first of Nov
    I am going March 22 to got it done plus L4-5 and t11-12 and left hip
  • Also my Physiatrist also mumbled something about a "dislocated Disc" while looking down & writing things down after looking at my MRI & Back & Hip X-Rays What the Heck is a Dislocated Disc ?
  • Just back from my Cortisone Shot in my SI Joint ! Lidocaine is doing it's thing & tomorrow The Cortisone will kick in...... Hopefully :D

Now 5:09 & my other side of my back is hurting some, It is either My Moderate Lumbar Stenosis, or I have to get a Shot in the Other SI Joint! But the Right Side still is good !