Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Fusions and spinal cord stimulators

enough11eenough11 Posts: 7
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:51 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I have had 3 cervical fusions '03,'04,'05. Then for the past six years have gone through the trial and the implant of a scs. Over these years I have had endless surgeries and revisions. One system completely taken out and replaced with a brand new system and brand. After a couple months I new something was not right. Sometime around July attemped to make an appt but was told needed to wait til October, not sure why. November I had the whole system removed since it was causing more pain than the benefit. At least I thought. Since then I have been in the worse pain that is 24/7, even with a bag of meds.
Has anyone ever found the the wires had desinegrated in the neck after only SEVEN MONTHS!!!!! Not only that but where the battery was located is so painful/burns to do a little task like sweeping the floor.
I also have found through another dr that there is a non union at C6-7, bridged bone. Why over the multiple surgeries did no one notice this.
Is this causing the pain by irritating nerves, or the problems with the wires as they got picked out.
I need some help or advise. I am living in a body from hell. Not just the pain, suffer from balance, dizzy, etc.
Had to quit my job in Sept 09 and still waiting on disability.
Many told me this is how life will be for me but that is not good enough for me. I want some results of some kind.
advertisement

Comments

• I have a cervical SCS and have had two revisions on it to replace anchors and to repair a connection to the battery. Those were two years ago and I have had the system just shy of 3 years now. It has allowed me to find a balance with my pain management program and after not working for 2.5 years, I am now back to work and very active.

I can irritate the wires and the IPG pocket by certain activities, but generally Celebrex and Flector patches calm things down and I am good as new in a day or two.

Welcome to Spine Health.

We do have quite an extensive SCS forum here. You may find it helpful or at least get a bit more feedback from the others.

"C"
  • Burgess jerseys hat worst type of crew in the Eastern Discussion appeared to be that Toronto Argonauts. That Argonauts handled to acquire only 5 morphs to the months even though shedding 9. This specific crew not been as successful, nonetheless they were the sole crew that basically not been as successful in the Eastern Discussion. That Argonauts were being the sole crew in the Eastern Discussion which experienced an archive that was a whole lot worse compared to. 500.

That Montreal Alouettes were being that third spot crew in the discussion in addition to complete which has a 7-7 report to the months. This specific report appeared to be up to scratch for any playoff berth. That Alouettes weren’t give up that grade in the additional clubs in the Eastern Discussion, nonetheless they were nonetheless about par by using many in the additional clubs in the European Discussion.