Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Dr. wont fix incomplete fusion

tstano77ttstano77 Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hello! I am a 40 year old female that had 2nd spine surgery about 15 months ago. They did c5 and c6 this round with plate. My life has been nothing but migranes, stabbing pain down left arm and mixed with my lower back problems (charlie horses and feet turning in, muscles sucking in)I am not a happy girl. My surgeon said that if it wasnt fused by a years time he would redo it. Now he says he doesnt think it will help. So I am walking around with incomplete fusion that has me in bed most of the time. I had never had a migrane before this either and last night it put me in hospital. Can anyone explain why a doctor would leave me like this? Could it be that I am now on Medicaid? I do see a pain management Dr. and get injections 3 weeks out of every month and trigger points as needed. Please tell me what you would do!


  • I'm in a 'similar' boat here. My C6 vertebra cracked at 5 months post op, and I was told to wait a year to see if it resolved. My last visit with my NS, and he wouldn't acknowledge that there was a crack!

    Okay, with that said. Surgeons many times don't want to see defeat, or admit that 'their' surgery didn't do the job. I'm going back to my Neurologist in April, getting new imaging and other diagnostics done. If surgery is still in the picture, I will probably go to a different surgeon. You might want to see about getting with another surgeon. Please keep us posted on how it goes, sorry that you have a non-fusion.

    Oops, my bad. Welcome to Spine Health!!!

    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • My wife had a cervical fusion just a few months shy of the two year mark. 1 level fused without incident but she has an incomplete fusion at the other level. We've known this for about a year. At the time, her surgeon wanted her to consider a second surgery to do a revision. My wife and I talked and she felt it was in her best interest to hold off on the second surgery for now.

    Over the last year, she has undergone acupuncture, enough physical therapy to choke a horse, and the latest bit dry needling. All in all, her fusion is still not complete but its slowly getting there. Some people just take an inordinate amount of time to reach nirvana. She has shown lots of improvement, albeit very slowly. Maybe holding off on surgery is not a bad thing. Have you talked to your doctor about additional physical therapy or other types of options that might help you?

Sign In or Register to comment.