Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

sore skin

tmcj4ttmcj4 Posts: 13
I am wondering if anyone's upper skin hurts? My is from my head to above the belly button arms included. I do have to buldging disc in my neck.The last MRI I had in July '10 it shoewed them to be small the NS said it should cause any problems. My neck gets really swollen and sore still.I am intrested to know if one has something to do with the other.As always, Thank you guys for all your advice. I love this website.

• I don't know what you mean exactly by sore skin, but I'll tell you this, my bf often gives me "love taps" and it never use to hurt, now he barely touches me and is not "hitting" me, but sometimes even the barest taps hurt. Hurts like I know it should not.. but my actual skin is not sore by itself and I don't know what would cause that.
  • Exactly what I am talking about. It is like one day I'm fine and the next I can't stand to be touched or have my arms or anypart of my body touch anything. Strange......I know I have nerve damage from 2 back surgeries and I have 2 bad disc in my neck I just wander if it is all related.Sorry to hear about your soreness.I hope you bf understands.It is hard for others to understand what we go throu.Thanks for your reply
  • Often times these will take the form of skin rashes that can indicate infection or simple irritation. You must first determine whether it is caused internally (as in the case of hives), externally or as the result of a localized infection. Such URL removed, solicitation not permittedcan indicate a very serious problem and should be investigated immediate upon noticing them.

Sometimes radiation burns such as sunburn. can look like rashes on certain types of skin. Be careful and look for the tell tale signs of biological activity. Bacteria tend radiate out in a circular pattern. When this forms a streak and appears to be moving out of a localized area, it is time to seek professional advice, as such infections can become systemic and present a mortal threat.

Standards agreement and posting rules
    Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

Post Edited by Authority Member Numbskull
  • Skin sores are the most common and devastating medical complication of spinal cord injury. Also called pressure sores, decubiti, decubitus ulcers, or bedsores, skin sores are more apt to occur after SCI due to lack of movement and sensation and to changes in circulation.