Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

how to add avitar

Hi All
I wanted to add an avitar of my ALIF. I have it saved in a word doc and tried to add it to my profile but kept getting an error saying it is not an image. I looked through FAQ's and even tried to save the pic as jpg and tried it that way, but didnt work. I know its not a big deal, but just wanted to add it. Any ideas?

Thanks
Virginia
advertisement

Comments

• Virginia,

A while back I updated mine and had a lot of problems too. I went back and saved the image as a *.GIF file, and adjusted the size to less than 65k. For some reason to, I had to repeat the process twice, but it finally took. I hope that helps.

Ps... I think Ron posted a while back too that the *.JPG files where not working right on the avatar side of the house. I guess that's still so.

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Brenda I tried several ways even bmb file.... tried tinypics.com too. Maybe tomorrow when i have more energy I can figure it out.
    Have a good night.
    V
  • I know I got frustrated trying to get mine to "save and stick", but I just kept trying! (G) Another option you can do is send it to Ron, and he will put it in there for you. Sleep well. *HUG*

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,065
    In the FAQ, there is an item on how to make your avatars better.

The procedure requires you to have some sort of photo imaging/modifying software. There are many freeware software packages out there, plus a number of web sites that will help you create an avatar for free.

When all else fails, as Brenda suggested, send me a .gif or .jpg file to my email account rdilauro@gmail.com and I will work on it for you
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I will make another attempt at it and hopefully I can get it to work.

virginia
advertisement