Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

electrical current in leg joints

irochkaiirochka Posts: 1
I live in Ukraine. The doctors are not so knowledgeable here. I have been diagnosed with MS and am receiving no treatment here. The worst part is that at night I feel a strong electrical current in my legs, especially knees. As far as I can tell it is "restless leg syndrome" but the doctors here do not know what this is. I am looking for help and advice. I hope someone out that can assist me..
IRA from Ukraine

• Hello Ira, welcome to Spine Health.

My doctors believe that I have MS as well, although the signs are not there yet to make the diagnosis. I have had the same problem with the numbness/tingling/electricity feeling in my legs & feet and lower back pain. I have had no relief from injections and many other procedures and I've also had little relief from taking medications. The doctors say I have no structural problems with my spine.

I am seeing a doctor (neurologist) who has performed Evoked Potential tests which has narrowed down the source of my symptoms to nerves not working properly in my lower spinal cord. If you can research Evoked Potential testing this may help your doctors find the cause of your leg pain.

I have received no treatment for a couple years until just recently when I had a spinal cord stimulator surgically implanted which has been very effective at reducing my back and leg pain.

Hope that this little bit of information may be helpful for you.