Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Question about re-Injuring

JohnsferJJohnsfer Posts: 6
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in Recovering from Surgery
I had a Lamonotomy on December 23rd 2010. I had DDD and they told me that they shaved the disc that had bulging, But since i am relatively young enough (46) and strong they did not perform a fusion.

It's been about 3 months and after the initial nerve pain I was having in my right foot and lower leg I decided to visit a pain doctor. She prescribed an oral steroid (prednisone) for one week and boy, that got me feeling near 100%.

I felt so good I decided to visit friends in London. I was fine on the 10 hour flight and found traveling easy. The problem began when riding in a black cab and we hit a pot hole, I felt a very sharp pain. It's been a week now and in the last few days the pain is throbbing and gets worse in the mornings while laying in bed. The pain pills work and I'm laying low to see if the pain subsides... Nothing yet.

I'm wondering, is this normal to feel well and then have pain like this? I have read that the healing process is like a roller coaster with Ups amd downs. My concern is, since they didn't do a fusion, that something has snapped and I will have to go back into surgery like so many others who have posted here.

• John - it is very normal. Potholes get me too.

This morning, I got up and slipped a disk, rolling out of bed. It has been 17 months, since my last acute issue. I am back to a 9 on the scale, back to my white pills and just getting ready to head to Dr in the morning on Tuesday.

It becomes a pattern, for better or worse. The thing is having a emergency plan in place, so you can fix yourself, or at least mitigate your pain.

Take care - C458