Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

More waiting!!! and very fed up!

jellyhalljjellyhall Posts: 4,372
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:51 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Well my spiney friends, I have been trying to get on with my life and not focus on my spine problems. This has meant that I have not posted here very much recently. (Sorry :S )

The referral that was made last August for an appointment to see a neurosurgeon about my neck, had finally arrived (almost).

I was due to see him tomorrow afternoon.
When I got home from work today, there was a phone message cancelling my appointment because he was unwell. They said they would be in touch to give me another appointment.

I was devastated!! I know, he can't help being unwell and hope he will recover quickly.
But the frustration of having waited for over 7 months, and now I still don't know when I will get to see him, is horrible.

It must be even worse for those who have their surgery cancelled at the last minute.

I have now accepted it and will continue to try to get on with my life while I wait. I am also waiting for a lumbar MRI to see why I am getting so many increasing neurological symptoms in my legs and feet again, almost a year after my fusion surgery.

Life as a spiney sure does get you down! [( :''(
advertisement

Comments

• *HUGZ* I feel your pain and frustration! I was scheduled 4 months out for my Neurologist, then the day before the appointment I got not a "confirmation call", but a "we need to reschedule" call! They bumped me another month! I was so pissed it wasn't funny. Sorry to hear you had that happen. Hopefully they will fit you in soon!!!

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • I am so sorry that you have to reschedule your appointment. I hope that they do NOT make you wait too long. At my 3 month mark I finally got the news that I was waiting for....bone growth. YEAH :) I am doing a gentle happy dance.
  • Brenda, what reason were you given for your resheduled appointment?

frenchfri, bone growth is music to our ears after fusion surgery. At my 3 month appointment, there was no sign of any fusion. Then much later, at about 10 months, I was told that fusion had started.

I have just heard that I have very low levels of Vitamin D and calcium and wonder if that could have caused a delay in fusing. I am due to have my 12 month appointment very soon, but am waiting to have an MRI scan on my lumbar spine to see if there is anything pressing on nerves that is causing all the neurological symptoms that I am having.

I had hoped by now to be feeling that my back was much better than it is. In my dreams!!
    Don't get me wrong, I am much better than before surgery, just not as good as I had hoped.

There was one lady doctor who did tell me that I would always have trouble with my back due to all the problems at various levels. I guess I just didn't focus on what she was saying.

I hope that all my spiney friends are making good progress, or at least that your pain levels are down. >:D< >:D< >:D<

• Howdy Jellyhall,

I was told "Dr. X has been filling in for another Neurologist, and hasn't been in the office all week." (the appt. would have been on a Friday..they tell me this on Thursday afternoon!!!) They then rescheduled me for of all things, April 1st!!

I am very comfortable with this Neurologist, but if I get bumped again - finding a new one! I am not into "3 strikes and you're out" type of things. :)

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • your frustration jelly, when you wait so long and them bam, its postponed.

its a 6 month wait for me to see my NS, so im still waiting and i would reeeeleeeee like to no apart from all the other damage in all levels of cervical, about the osteophytes on my cord
    i feel like a walking time bomb, its scary

hope you dont have to wait too much longer for your rescheduled app.
    take care
    flower
  • Sorry to hear this. I hope they can reschedule you asap!
    The waiting game is so hard....
    Hang in there!
    V
advertisement