Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

hminter31hhminter31 Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I am new to this so please bare with me i don't know all the medical terms like everyone else. 4wks ago i had XLIF surgery the dr went in from my side and also from my back it took him 6hrs. I woke up with a lot of pain but was walking within hrs later and went home the next morning. I have been sent back to the ER several times since then. I'M having terrible pain in my hips,legs,buttocks and my left foot stays cold i am losing control of my bladder functions also when any pressure is put on my hamstring muscle behind both legs it sends the worst pain down both legs ...The scar on my back has a knot on it every time i sit back it feels like there is a golf ball their. PLZ i'm asking for some help with this anyone that can put my mind at rest i am only 33 and in pain all the time ...

• Who sent you to the ER? What did the ER tell you?

Why have you been to the ER and not back to the surgeon who did the surgery? 4 weeks post-op and several ER visits? You need to go see that surgeon, asap.
  • Loosing control of bladder can be a serious symptom. I think you need to call doctor ASAP, even after hours, page him. I don't mean to scare you but I had bladder issues post ALIF.
    Like the previous reply asked, what is your surgeon saying? Have you seen him.
    The ER trips, were they for pain or something else?

I know first hand how hard fusion recovery is and I too visited the ER 2 times in the 1st two weeks home from hospital for various complications.
    Sorry to hear of your pain & suffering.
    Good luck to you!