Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

S1 Micro, Canceled!

DC42DC42 Posts: 21
Hello again everybody. I have noticed that lot's of people read all these posts, but very few offer advice. Thanks to those who do, I have found this website to be very helpfull. Well I was going to have another micro at S1 in one week because there is another fragment causing me sciatica down to my little toe 24/7 with no help. I started getting stomach pains and testicle pain so they sent me to my normal dr. for check up, and to clear me for surgery. After a very unpleasant finger he told me I have a prostate infection. They tested my blood, urine, swab, and couldn't find any bacteria or infection. Also I dont have a uti or any std's. I do hvae high blood pressure and leg pain 24/7. They canceled my surgery because they put me on antibiotics. I had an abcess tooth 2 weeks ago and have been on amox for 3 weeks. Then they put me on some dox something antibiotic, now a new one for 21 days. Im at day 7 and dont feel any better. I just want to have the micro done because it's bothering me much more than the prostate symptoms, I know it will help it sure did last time. So now I have prostate issue that the dr. can't explain and want to know why I just cant have the surgery anyway. Its a LNI surgery and now will be a bit.. to get approval agian for the surgery. Im going to my PM Dr in the morning and im going to tell him this. Unless he can tell me my prostate is causing this pain in my leg he needs to clear me for the surgery, or I could just tell him i feel better and get approval. Im sure its not causing this in my leg. I have had a MRI that shows a disc protrusion at S1, a horrible EMG and NCS on my left leg. I also herinated the same level 2 years ago so im familar with the pain. Anybody have prostate issues that affect your legs nerves? Any Advice?

• So sorry for such a late update, maybe u have solved ur problem by now. If not my advice is to have the surgery as i am pretty sure it 8s ur back that is causing ur prostate and abdominal pain . I have been having similar issues. As this problem might have a very bad impact on ur sex life, u can ask for something called a selective nerve block that should ease both of ur pains. Good luck as doctors can sometimes be incredibly stupid....