Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Wondering what's next

tkdanttkdan Posts: 62
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in Pain Management
Okay I've been doing my exercises like a good boy. Finished my prescibed PT, did not get any lasting relief from it. I see my PMD next Friday, and I'm not sure what the next step is. Basically my meds work so, so but stop well before time for my next dose. PMD said in the beginning that if PT did not help we would look at injections. No I did not ask for specifics like I should have. So I do not know what kind of injections she is talking about. The whole PM thing is new for me.

• You don't state what your diagnosis is so it is hard to even guess. I've had 3 different types of injections during my time with a neurosurgeon and pain management doctor, including epidural injections (steroid), facet injections and trigger point injections (muscle). It could be any one of those or maybe even something I am not familiar with. Make a list of questions to discuss with your pain management doctor next time you have an appointment. You can also check the section regarding injections (treatment) here and probably learn a lot.
    Good luck to you! Many people get good relief from the injections and don't need the pain meds anymore. I hope that will be the case for you.
  • I have had many injections-ESI and TPI, some help and sometimes not so much. If yours are mostly muscle pain it's likely your Dr would give you TPIs (trigger point injs.), but not necessarily. You can read about different injections here; http://www.spine-health.com/treatment/injections
  • I have a combination of muscle and nerve pain. My Stenosis is fairly severe. I would like to get to a place where I do not have to depend on meds so much.
  • Had my appointment last Friday rescheduled for tomorrow. I've noticed that if I take my muscle relaxer and my pain med together I get a good four hours relief. Problem is my pain med says take every six hours and the muscle relaxer every eight hours. Not sure if this is common or if it is just a conservative dossage. Not sure if I need some type of extended relief meds. I've read that tizanidine is a short acting muscle relaxer. Also I noticed if I do not start my meds early in the day it is near impossible to control the pain once it gets bad.
  • Had my appointment last Friday. Got trigger point injections, three in the left side of neck and two in the left trap. Cannot really tell much difference. Dr said it should help relax the muscles so I guess in that aspect they work a little. I do however still have a lot of pain, both muscle and nerve. I was so hoping for a major improvement.
  • Those only help if they the Dr targets the right muscle(s) group. Sorry you didn't get much relief.