Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Losin My Mojo

sassy411ssassy411 Posts: 199
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in Depression and Coping
My job requires creativity & some humor--I'm finding it difficult to tap into that part of me right now.

I'm gimping thru the days, no longer eager to get out of bed to get to work on today's project.

I've got my spine problems, now I've got tendonitis/carpal type injuries wearing on me along with a bad knee acting up.

There's not much left over for the creativity I need.

Is it depression, the percocet or just the pain itself?

How do I get my mojo back?

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,856
    Dealing with pain for a long period of time, 6 months or more and even longer can have many negative side effects on your life.

Some medications can play a role in slowing down some of the normal creative juices that one might have.

But in terms of get your 'MoJo' back, the only one who can do that is you!

Just start reading some more of the threads in this section as well as many more.

A positive outlook and attitude is something that no one can give you, only you can provide that.

If you take a negative outlook on your situation, then things can easily start to slide downhill.

But if you take a positive approach , you will find just how much better things can be emotionally.

So, in order to get your Mojo back, you have to get up and get it.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Translated...rust.
    well in one language its rust,
    In that case the mojo is still all there, just under the surface no? all ya got to do is polish it up and it will shine through I think
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
    Don't make it sounds just that easy ... and I think we forgot the .... have you discussed this with your doctor yet? Have you considered couseling? How long have you been on this strength and frequency of Oxy?, and have there been any other significant changes in your physical or situation lately that could be contributing factors.

I sold my dual cyclo when I stopped polishing Airstreams for fun and $ - Rust never sleeps

Things to consider as are the above positive afirmations.

Be well,

Spine-health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!

• Have you had your hormone levels checked?? Pain meds wipe out our hormones and that can contribute to your sluggish feeling.

Talk to your Doctor about this and ask hem to please check your hormone level's. Hormone therapy can and does help. It may perk you up enough to get the creative juices flowing again.

Best of luck to you.

Cheers :H
    Patsy W
  • I had a ton of bloodwork done a few weeks ago & everything came back normal. I wondered about hormones too, they really can wreck us.

I think a lot of my energy is just being sapped by the pain right now & not leaving enough left over for more creativity.

I've had hip, back, neck & radiating pain for decades & managed to sort of adapt to it. It really spiked right before the holidays, tho & got me motivated to get propertly dx'd & treated.

Once I'm done w/PT, my GP can refer me to a spine doc.