Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Need Help --Please !!!

jewelspetjjewelspet Posts: 51
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
I've been having thoracic pain for awhile & previous mri's show multiple disc protrusions, but since more recent pain I got a new MRI.

I now have in addition : " a benign- appearing nerve sheath cyst to the right at T 6-7.

Does anyone else have the above????

T-10-11 broad based protrusions with left paracentral predominance. Results in moderate spinal stenosis without clear compression of the spinal cord.
There is also ligamentum flavum hypertrophy at this level. What able this anyone????

I have no Spine Dr. Who cares........ Where are good ones located????

I live in Tennessee.

In constant pain & now scare this cyst will grow.... I've been having pain in my chest directly from where it hurts in the back...a also more irregular heart beats than usual & short of breathe at times.....now I'm wondering if all this is caused from this cyst pushing on a nerve or something......

I really need input.

Judy in TN

• If you do not have a regular doctor perhaps you could ask the hospital nearest you, if they know of any in the area. I know it isn't a lot of help wish I had more to offer. Hope you find some help.
  • Jewel,

Ignore Jack45 - he's a drug spammer. Gawd I hate these guys and their junk!!

Sorry you're going through what you are. My best is to suggest you keep looking for other Neurologists to look your case over. Not all doctors care it seems, but there are those that will listen and offer support and treatment suggestions. Please let us know how it goes.

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Brenda..... Thanks, I am blonde & was in ? as to what the heck the above poster meant by that!!!!!! LOL!!!

Brenda I know you have been on here awhile --- i searched "nerve sheath cyst" & found one on someone's lumbar but NOT thoracic ----- course no dr. Wants to touch the thoracic anyway

Have you heard of anyone with ligamentum flavum hypertrophy at this level? Thoracic??

I appreciate YOU replying to me....... I just need to hear from people. So discouraging when the dr. Just tells you what's on the MRI but that's it .... Nothing else!! No one understands the pain. I was already in alot of pain prior to this cyst.... (it was not on a MRI last Jluly) but multiple level protrusions , spinal stenious, prior to these last two new items. .

• "ligamentum flavum hypertrophy". Like many things, yes this is most common in the Lumbar, second then to the cervical, but more and more medical professionals are realizing that these issues are not immune to the thoracic sadly. So is it possible? Yes.

I too hope others chime in. Thoracic issues are not nearly as common as other regions, but more and more of us are sharing similar issues - me? DDD and bone spurs. I just know there is a doctor out there that will be in your corner. Take care.

• Thanks Brenda.
    I sent you a PM..
  • PM'd back. :) There's a lot of other tests they can have you undergo to see where things are really at. *HUGZ* Going through that myself. Fingers crossed for us both!!