Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Popping and grinding feeling in fused area. Halp.

Dingus86DDingus86 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Ok, so I'm a 24yo female and fused T3 through L4. Have been for about 11 years. I've been suffering with chronic pain from a failed surgery since about 2005. Spine has degenerated rapidly and has continued to twist in the hardware, etc etc.

Anywho, yesterday I stretched and felt a grinding/crunching feeling around T6-T8ish area and have been in excruciating pain since. That area plus like 3 ribs on that side are extremely tender and when I stand up it feels like my spine is made of cinder blocks in that area. 24 hours later and I can hardly move and I'm super nauseous from the pain. Just vomited up my dinner :( So not thrilled about that.

I guess my question is, has anyone experienced anything similar and how long would you wait on going to see someone about it? I'm thinking now, but my lack of health insurance and my mother's advice are saying 'man up'.

Thank you for your time!

• First let me say welcome to spine-health. I take it with that large of fusion you had scoli? As far as the pain goes and what to do about it, only you can make that call. If the pain is so bad you can't think or function then maybe the ER would be the right place. If laying down settles the pain down and you could wait to see a regular doctor in the am or a urgent care facility then that is what I would do. Not sure where you are but urgent care facilities are only open till 8pm around me, but they do have the ability to take a x-ray. They are not nearly as costly as a ER either. So if you could find something like that and make it till tomorrow that is what I would do. Do you have some at home with you? Make sure they know how you feel and can keep a eye on you for the evening. But really there is noway anyone on here can tell you wether to go to the ER or not, that is a personal choice you need to make. Be sure to ice the area though and use alternating heat. You might find a recline position easier as well.

Just thought I would stop by and welcome you to spine-health. keep us posted on what you do.