Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Sacral perineural cyst / Tarlov cyst ??????

lann888llann888 Posts: 5
Just had an MRI done and I have one these Tarlov cysts at S2. It's 2.3 x 2.0 cm.
I have lower back pain radiating down left leg... MRI otherwise shows minor bulging and mild DDD. Could this cyst be the root of my pain? Is anyone familiar with these?

• I'm sorry.... Typo. It's 2.3 x 1.0 cm in size.
  • I have six Tarlovs. Two in my cervical, one thoracic, and three in the sacrum around S2. For Six years doctors ignored them and told me "they are nothing" as they are considered asymptomatic until they become symptomatic. Doctors DO NOT KNOW much about these...are not taught about them in Medical school. If you are having great pain, the best way to be sure these are your issue is to have your doctor order a NERVE BLOCK TEST which is done by a Pain Doc (anesthesiologist). If your pain subsides (slowly usually) for a short while, it is apparent all your pain is eminating from these. I was told I must have MS and they wanted me to take terrible drugs. But FINALLY sent my MRI's to one doctor who actually KNOWS what these things are. Because they are rare, it takes a long time for one of three doctors in the US to help you. I am in a
    wheelchair, I am in terrible pain (except for three days after my Nerve Block Test that took away the pain from my left hip down my leg). You MUST BE THE ONE TO PUSH FOR HELP. Rarely do doctors believe these are a problem. I can no longer feel my hands and standing up causes tremendous pain.
    Check out www.tarlovcystfoundation.org for help.
    You will have to convince doctors. I tried unsuccessfully for someone to check mine out for so long...they don't believe they can cause your body this much trouble. And quite often they do not but when they do...OMG! Good Luck