Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Neighbours not helping

geminigirl1965ggeminigirl1965 Posts: 67
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in Recovering from Surgery
I;m 3 weeks past operation and im needing rest as all i do is feel tired ....:-(
and what do my neighbours do is play loud booming music :angry:" alt=":angry:" height="20" />

i havent the energy to go round and tell them to shove it :crying:

im getting fed up with it they are in their 60+ and playing music that is just not them ....

think its time to get my daughter in to have words
good job she has my temper lol :laugh:

• Sorry to hear I hope you get some ear plugs to help you rest. That's so annoying to me I even bought a townhouse and ended up for two years having 60+ year old neighbors with booming music and felt the vibration on all 3 levels of my house it was awful as I worked shift work and I ended up selling my house because of it so I can understand. I hope you can get some rest soon. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • its so anoying... they dont give a damm at all last time i had words they just said oh sorry didnt realise how loud it was ... it was moving the mirror on the wall .... bet if we had loud music they would be round here like a shot ...the woman who use to live here was deaf so they didnt give a hoot what they did they have 2 dogs that bark all time they let them out all hours use to wake my eldest up she wore ear plugs ... thank god i live on the end .... think my youngest will have words over weekend ... well im off out for a few drinks tonight first drink in 3 weeks might go to my head lol
  • call the police and dont confront them your self
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • I went round there a few months ago the next stage is the local athority get involved with noise nuisance/polution
    then the neighbours would get a formal warning
    so i will see how it is next week

H x
  • your neighbours are hard of hearing themselves? I say this because I work with deaf/hard of hearing people and you mentioned that they said to you "sorry, didn't realise how loud it was" and this is a typical response from someone who has a hearing loss. In fact, I too have a hearing loss and when my daughter walks into the room she complains how loud my TV is, but of course, I don't realise this.

Just thought I'd mention it because I wouldn't want you to go in like a bull in a china shop, all guns ablazing, causing bad feeling and possibly arguing with them when a gentle/sympathic approach may be all that's required to diffuse the situation.

On the other hand, if you know for a fact that their hearing is absolutely fine and that they are just out to cause trouble, then I would make a recording of the noise as evidence (should you need it in the future). Try to reason with them first and give them an opportunity to turn the volume down. If that fails, then report them to the appropriate authorities.

I really hope you can get it amicably sorted out soon as this situation can cause you to have even more anxiety, anger and sleepness nights (and therefore can increase your pain levels).

2 x Microdiscectomy 2005 / PLIFusion 2-level 2010 / revision surgery 2011 / NEVRO Senza spinal cord stimulator implanted February 2013. I WILL NOT GIVE IN / UP !!
  • Gemini,

I would also suggest *if* it gets to a level that you feel the police would better resolve this; contact them via the NON emergency number, not 911! Such conduct (noise) is NOT an emergency, and can defer precious time needed of that dispatcher for a real emergency. Just my thoughts....

Retired law enforcement here.

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Thank you all
    I Have a number to call for the environment health that's how its done in the UK they install microphones and when they start playing music loud I press record

• Hi, and sorry for the problems you are having.

But SueD does have a excellent point. So be careful how you approach the issue, and you never know you could wind up with a friendly relationship with the neighbors.
    Any chance you belong to a HOA, if so approach them before going to the police, and let them recitify the matter for you.
    Just a thought, and good luck.
  • Do you know your neighbors well? I, too, wondered if they were hard of hearing. My husband is 60+ and frequently I have to say," Can you hear that? Its really loud! Maybe it's just the tv!" I know it's him but he'll turn it down a notch then and then later we notice it going back up again! LOL! M

Maybe your daughter could (nicely) explain that you just had surgery and that you really need some extra rest for the next few weeks. Maybe they would be thoughtful about that. However, if you already know they aren't the most congenial couple around you had better do it legally to get it done effectively. We've had bad neighbors come and go here in our neighborhood too so I know how annoying it can be! Funny they are 60+ because normally you hear the kids or younger crowd creating noise of some sort!

Good luck! Feel better!