Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

disabling pain .... please help me

khaledkkhaled Posts: 2
my mother has a severe pain in her left leg and lower back
she can't walk or lie on here back
she only can lie on her left side
she has a pain on standing up or sitting for long period of time

she had a localized ovarian cancer that was removed before starting the pain.

CT and MRI showing first degree spondaulothesis and prevertebral soft tissue (?) at L5

please I need fast answer

• Has she seen her doctor since the MRI? He is the one who will decide what course of treatment is best for her.
  • Your mom needs to return to the doctor whom ordered the test and get advised on what she can do for treatment. In the meantime, you can try over the counter NSAIDs, along with heat and Ice. More than likely they will want her to get in a physical therapy program and also get the pain reduced so she can stretch the muscles. Sometimes the longer you lay down the worse and tighter the muscles will get. She could also try a massage and see if they can loosen up the muscles some. Soaking in a hot bath can help as well and or if she has access to a hot tube. Swimming is a good place as well, as you will only have 20% of your body weight. But the best treatment plan is going to come from her doctor. If the pain is unbearable you might have to consider the ER or a urgent care center.
  • maybe you should take your mother to See the family doctor for professional advice
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • the problem is that my my mother can't walk
    and she has a powerful pain .
    the doctor can't identify what the soft tissue appearing in the MRI is?
    really i need a solution
    yes , she may be showing some relaxation upon massage but it disappear rapidly.

please help me!
  • If your mother cannot walk, you need to get her to the hospital. If you are in the states, dial 911.

If she cannot walk, she likely cannot get up to use the bathroom, which means this is too big for you to handle on your own.

The doctor's office administrative staff should be able to help you navigate the medical options in your area. If she has insurance, even they can help. If not, most hospitals & doctors will work out a payment plan for you if that is your concern.

People want to help but when you say you need help urgently, quickly, now and your mom can't walk, time to go to the emergency room.